18.8.03

I wasn't going to update my blog today, but after reading Skippy's, I felt compelled to.

I could say i'm sorry for the anguish and trauma that she's suffering at the moment, and I could try and write a blog that relates a similar story from my past to what's currently happening to her at present, but what would anything I say do? I've felt down at times in the past and it's extremely tough to pick yourself up after a tough blow. I've experienced close deaths, and i've witnessed people spiral out of control, but nothing anyone said around me did a whole lot except remind me they were there for me at least, waiting in the background for when i'd come out of the mire of sadness/depression/negativity that I was all too justified in feeling. These times test us, and they certainly change us, whether for better or worse depends on the situation, but one thing we can be sure of is that we come out of it more knowledgeable about the potential events that can be thrown at us through the 60 years or so that we spend on this planet.

Basically what i'm saying is, Skip, take all the time you need in the world to get through this period, because I know it's going to be tough. Don't worry about the people out there who are all about themselves. They're not worth it and only waste your time if you allow them to get at it. And above all, good luck. It's not a lot coming from me, but I know that words can be meaningless at times like these. Good luck.

No comments: