Back from London.
First of all, for those of you hoping that I might have got back with Sarah after this trip to London, I can only say it's not going to happen. I fucked things up royally at times, and even at one point when I thought i'd hit the nail on the head, i instead found I had hit my thumb instead. Not to say that we were at eachother's throats all the time, far from it. It just felt awkward a lot of the time. Needless to say, I do still love Sarah, but for the foreseeable future, we're just going to stick to being best friends.
Problems aside, I had a fantastic scally-free time in our nation's capital. It's amazing, I can't remember seeing one track-suited citizen ONCE. It felt like heaven. Places I visited/seen:
Buckingham Palace
Hard Rock Cafe
St Paul's Cathedral
Harrods
Picaddilly Circus
Trafalgar Square
The Marble Arch
The London Eye
The Houses of Parliament
Big Ben (Did you know Big Ben isn't the actual clock, but the name of the bell that rings inside? Hmmm.)
The Bank of England
Downing Street
River Thames (Took a cruise on it)
There was probably countless more but it's hard to remember them all. It was brilliant there, the temperature was scorching, and the only problem i did have was with the prices. THEY ARE RIDICULOUS. Everything and everywhere is far too over-priced, regardless of how good it tastes or the quality of whatever it is you were buying. I bought a few items, such a Johnny Knoxville shirt and a Hard Rock Cafe shirt and souvenirs for the family but I would have bought more if it weren't for the inflated swindling prices. Sickening. EVEN my beloved Subway's prices were more expensive than here in Liverpool!!! I couldn't believe that one.
I'd keep typing but i'm extremely tired at the moment and feel the need to relax. Which I will. Adieu.
No comments:
Post a Comment