20.11.03

There are people out there who deserve to fail. The ones who are in the spotlight, but don't deserve it. If ya want celebrity examples of this, look no further than the likes of Britney Spears, Will Young, and quite simply any pop act of today (with the sweet exception of Justin Timberlake and Lance Bass "Next window please!"). They don't deserve the attention, riches, fame, etc. But they get it. In their case, there's a media out there forcing them upon us, without our consent. Fuck all we can do about it, so we HAVE to put up with it.

I'm looking at something else tho... something stagnating closer to home... it's not nice and it's not pretty, but it's receiving attention unlike any other... and that's homegrown rock. Don't get me wrong, not all of it is bad, but it seems if you can pick up a guitar and play a song, you're considered talented. I taught myself how to type without looking at the keyboard. My brother taught himself how to teach the guitar. However, I don't look at him and think that he's this big talented shit because he did something I can't. it doesn't work like that. So what i'm saying is that there are so many bands out there trying to break through to the 'big time', but there's also so many who quite simply stink of shit. Ones to look out for are definitely The Guild of Defiants and The Bandits. I would have added Liquid Nerve also, but I don't even know if they're going anymore. (Checks the site) Ooooh, says they have a new band and a new site, so add Liquid Nerve as well. Watch out for these bands. They're worthy of any success that comes to them. The Bandits have already been playing gigs in America, so good onto them. The Guild of Defiants have an EP out soon, which I CANNOT wait for, and Liquid Nerve... guess we'll have to wait and see on that front. If these 3 are playing on any band nights you're considering going out on, then give them a try. Anything else is second best...

...what do you mean you don't know who Lance Bass is??? he's only the sexiest voice out there... he's so good, he WAS the voice for Sephiroth. Now THAT'S class.

Song of the moment: Rush - Show Don't Tell

No comments: