Me and Pete had a long talk in the taxi home tonight, and we decided that men get a really unfair press. I'm sure in GENERAL, men are the bastards. But we think that you DO get the odd male who is actually a fine catch, and who CAN offer a woman the relationship of her life. Instead, the lady opts for something else which can't compare to the nice guy, but she still inexplicably goes for anyway. This isn't just Sarah I myself am talking about, but Gemma as well. Was I failed by both? Not so much by Gemma, cos that was quite mutual (But the aftermath was brutal)... but looking at those brackets I now realise the same happened with Sarah. The break wasn't bad, but the aftermath was just plain awful... i saw my old boss Karen from Spencer Gifts (HOOYAH!!!) today, and she was gutted when she heard that Sarah and i had split up back in August. Why is it no-one I know has said it was for the best, or that we were an awful couple? Not one person. Even our Lee still mentions every now and then how he thinks what Sarah did was just plain bizarre (Gemma he deffo couldn't give a shit about). What COULDN'T I offer that girl then? Love? Respect? Material Possessions? Money? Time? All of the above, regardless of how important they are in a relationship I COULD offer, but something else changed her mind... Pete, I don't know what makes women drop a guy who treats them extremely well. I really don't. All I can offer you is just wait. Wait and yours, and my, time will come again. And it WILL be worth the wait. :)
I don't even know if Sarah reads this blog anymore. I know a month ago she did, but to be honest, i'm still in the same state of mind about her now as I was then, in that I couldn't give a shit what was going on in her life unless she changed it, and significantly. Will she read this? I don't know. But I would hope that if she did, she'd take it as me just stating my confusion over the female obsession with asthetics, instead of the quality of a a person. The equation SHOULD read:
Asthetics - Quality = Gobshites.
You can have a nice looking guy ladies... or in some cases, a real troll looking gypsy boy who is in dire need of a haircut... but eitherway, looks mean jackshit. if the guy can;t offer you the love you deserve, then he's not worth the steam off your shit, nor your piss if it's a VERY cold night.
Thanks for reading. :)
Song of the moment: Rush - Earthshine
Movie of the moment: Dogma
No comments:
Post a Comment