I was reading someone elses blog, and out of respect due to the content of their most recent post I won't be linking to them.
The person who reads this WILL know i'm talking about them, so take heed and take note.
Ahem. I can understand thoroughly what you said on your blog. I too made the mistake of telling my girlfriend that she meant more than anything to me (Which she did), and it pushed her away from me. If you don't know the full story of what happened between me and Sarah, you either don't know me or you don't read my blog as often as you could. So anyway, I told her she meant the world to me, and it scared her. This is despite the fact that when we got together she would joke about getting married, and she'd tell me how I was the most amazing guy she'd ever met (which actually DID worry me a little, but not enough to go off her). I even have proof of her telling me this, yes I really was that addicted to the girl. Anyway, she got scared off me, one thing lead to her another and then she did something (And still is in the process of doing it) which meant us not being able to talk to eachother ever again, at least for the foreseeable future. And all because I used to tell her I loved her and how much she meant to me.
To the person who wrote that blog, I can't explain why women are like this. They hate getting told they're amazing things, and how much someone else can love them. If it were me, had it been the other way around after 4 months with me and Sarah and it was her telling me she loved me, and wanted to marry me, I would have accepted the love and even said yes. She meant THAT much to me. But it were me doing the talking and she ditched me. I don't know WHY it scares women off while on the otherhand it makes guys feel safe about the relationship, but that's the way it is.
To that person again, if i were you, i'd lay off the strong compliments. It's horrible I know, but you've learnt like I did that you can't tell a lady how fantastic she is without strangely scaring her away. If she means so much to you, lay off the praise, and try and take things slow. It sounds like your relationship was a whole lot like mine and Sarah's, and if it IS, then you'd do well to heed my advice. And good luck my friend, you'll really need it.
One other thing, you WILL be devestated by losing her if it comes to that. It took me over 3 months to get over a 4 month relationship. That probably seems ridiculous to some reading this, but they wouldn't understand how it feels to find someone who truly makes you feel the happiest you've ever been, only to have it taken away from you by something you can't fully understand. It hurts. It hurts a LOT. It left an emotional scar on me which i'll probably never shed, but at least i've got the experience, but most of all, the memories of what me and Sarah had. I don't regret one second of what we had, and I definitely don't regret telling her she was the greatest girl i'd ever met, even if that was the initial reason for her splitting up with me again. Would I ever tell her again those same words? You fucking bet your life I would. Because she was the greatest girl, and for what we had, she STILL is the greatest girl I ever experienced.
Song of the moment: Rush - Making Memories
Movie of the moment: Running Man
No comments:
Post a Comment