19.1.03

Day 9: Happy

I cried today... well, the tears welled up in my eyes anyway, and it wasn't because of this place either. I got this e-mail:

I wanted to let everyone know that I am getting married on Saturday 25th, January (nxt week!) to Trevor Graham, so I will be Lisa Jane Graham from nxt week! We are getting married at Niagra Falls and I cant wait! And no-one from my side will be there..but I dont care! We'll have a bigger wedding when Im a resident here and I can actually work properly- right now Im not entitled to an insurance number...anyways, drink a toast to me at 7.00 p.m your time, as Im saying my wedding vows!..And no-one give me shit for getting married at 18..im still young, im not turning into a frumpy housewife just yet!and if u had a man like my trevor, youd find it hard not to accept his propsal!!

talk2u all soon
Lisa
xxxxxxxxxxxx


Lisa Swinden was a friend of mine from Junior school, in Lister Drive on Green Lane, and i haven't even seen her once since I left there, so when I got this e-mail off her it was a hell of a shock, but a nice shock. I'm so happy for her, and i'm glad she's got what she wants at this stage of her life. She is only 18, which some would hold against her decision but I hold nothing against her. If she wants to get married at 18, and it's what her heart desires, then so be it. I am so happy for you Lisa, and I hope things work out so well for you!

No comments: