1.12.03

Where to begin...

First off, Velvet! Nice to see my blog in your ever-growing list of 'favourite blogs'. It's an absolute dandelion pleasure ma dear, it certainly is. Now, just to touch on the subject of my 'writing' again, I must thank you and Lady H for your textual support! It means a lot when I see / hear other people acknowledge my typing letters up as anything more than standard. It DOES mean a lot. I mean, only today, I had a University lecturer tell me that after reading an essay I typed up on the works of Paul Thomas Anderson (Look him up on the Internet Movie Database, for the first time in all his life, he actually interrupted himself midway through it. Why? Because he said my essay had brought about a resurging urge to go and watch Magnolia again (Which if you know me that well you'll know is my FAVE movie ever). I was dumbstruck. This is a guy who's wrote books on the subject film theory and teaches about 8 hours of media theory every day of the week, and yet he's thanking me (Yeah, he thanked me!) for writing such a 'meticulous' essay. He said anything that makes a person want to do something is a very good thing. So he applauded me and then told me i'd got the best score in the class. So as you can imagine, I was sitting there with a raging stiffy, and I guess it brought it all back about how you said my writing is beautiful... This faith in how I use my words is really pushing me to do something big and creative. Me and Lee are going to be doing that script soon, but i'mt alking about something for myself. A novel? Nah, not yet anyway, I definitely don't have anytime for such an enterprise, but with all this vocal support for my writing, there must be SOMETHING I can bring out of it... watch this space. And thank you again, to Velvet and Lady H for their outspoken love for me... oh, and my writing. Ahem. ;)

If you have a dream. Chase it. Never give up in what you believe in. If you've got your aim set on something, no matter how far or difficult it may seem to accomplish it, stick with it. Whether it be your dream career, your dream location to live in, or your dream partner, chase it as much as you can. If it takes you a week, a year, a decade, stick with it. Because I guarantee you that you will feel the most overwhelming surge of happiness if and when you do achieve your goal. I gave up on a few things these past few months, but this weekend and today has made me realise more than ever that we're here for a reason, and despite the fact we'll never learn that reason, we can still at least try and live up to it, and make something of our lives. If a successful life to you is to become a millionaire, hunt that dream. If it's finding the perfect woman/man, and living with them for the rest of your life regardless of wealth or material possessions, then even more kudos to you sir or madame. I'm in a good mood and wanted to type something like the above up. I'm SURE you've heard what i've just typed up countless times before, but still, doesn't it feel good when you write, type, say, or hear that kind of thing? I hope it makes some of you realise there IS hope in this world. After reading my last blog, I realised I was a little negative at points and want to try and shed myself of such vibes. I'm here for the ride, and intend to make it a fun and interesting one. And as for perfect dreams, i'm chasing one up right this very second...

PS: WILL SOMEONE PLEASE DOWNLOAD 'PEACEABLE KINGDOM' BY RUSH AND TELL ME WHAT THEY THINK??? auto2112@hotmail.com

Movie of the moment: Casablanca (Isn't to say i think it's amazing tho!)

No comments: