So i'm listening to Harvey Danger's fantastic 'Terminal Annex' tune,
and while doing this, I decided to see if Play.com had copies of their
album 'King James Version' in yet. I'm greeted with McFly's album on
Play's music page. McFly. Who could ever have envisioned that our
beautiful rock genre could be stagnated by such fuck's. Their other
half, 'Busted' (hell, throw Avril Salt and Vinegar in there too) are
just as bad. Whoever in Virgin records, and Busted and Vinegar's
companies decided it would be great to tarnish rock's rep with this
shit should at least be commended by doing such a cruel, but no doubt
very handsome turn. Sure the music's shit, but these, and I say this
very VERY slowly so as to let it sink in, 'ARTISTS' are now raking it
in for some fat ass company exec who no doubt see's these kids as the
future of rock music. You know there's a prob when scallies actually
like a group who plays instruments. However, suggest the likes of Pink
Floyd, Yes, and hey, even my boys Harvey Danger for this matter, and
you'll no doubt be greeted by blank stares, or be branded a pot-head.
Or even better, "Pink Floyd? Who's he?". Ask them about Busted tho,
"They're fucking wicked them la', now where did I leave my brick...?"
I dunno what's going on. It seems that no genre is safe. The likes of
Sum 41, Blink 182, they bug me where metal, punk, just harder music in
general is concerned. They take away the seriousness of it, and while
some would actually be applauding them for such a move, I can't stand
it. Bring up Linkin Park, and I WILL defend them. I've never understood
the argument against them, especially when the people moaning about
them where no doubt quick to rush out and get their first 'Hybrid
Theory' album.
Pop's another one. Pop used to be something to enjoy, where everyone
could possibly latch onto the latest pop hit and sing along with their
friend's who may also like it. It's not like that anymore. Britney
Spears, Robbie Williams, the Spice Girls / Take That / BoyZone /
Backstreet Boys / B-Witched / N-Sync (well, the whole influx of girl
and boy bands), Christina Aguilera (who's first single 'Genie in a
Bottle' I will ALWAYS defend because it's the only tune that didn't
feel forced by her record company but was also a good tune while not
sounding cheesy. I also own the single, which added a nice acapella
version to the original. She went downhill after that, and 'Dirty' is a
huge low-point for her musically, though the sales say otherwise), they
have all contributed to the downfall of not only pop, but also the
music industry in general. Not only do our individual genre's get
brought down by the industries' insistence on making it all popular for
the masses of brainless teenage pricks, but they're trying to
monopolise the market for their own greedy bastard needs. Kerrang's
charts I can take; Top of the Pops tho, is a fucking joke.
To end this update, here's lyrics from my afore-mentioned tune of the
moment, 'Terminal Annex' by Harvey Danger, which is REAL music peeps!
:P REAL music!!!
Here's something beautiful
Now smash it to bits
Save your little wheelchair empowerment films
Save your swoons i'm spoken for
It isn't pretty to think so
But i can't feign interest now
Dreaming of the fistfight i never got into
Thinking of the mean shit i wish i'd said to you
Such a fancy lady call her secretina
She didn't get all the good stuff
But she looked like you
Like a zero drowning in a sea of higher numbers
Everything you say to me is dumb,
(at least it's stupid)
Twenty heavy hammers smashing down
Here's a doorstep you can never darken
You complain about an overflowing cup.
Don't forget that i'm the one who filled that fucker up
Like a zero drowning in a sea of higher numbers
I remain as ever intrigued but no more astounded
Like a zero drowning in a sea of higher numbers
I think that i like you better when you just ignore me
So i sit and notice shadows growing
I think of how the clocks are slowing
Hoping hope's eternal flowing springs will do their thing and save me
From myself
Like a zero drowning in a sea of higher numbers
I remain as ever intrigued but no more astounded
Like a zero drowning in a sea of higher numbers
You want ego? i will show you ego
I'm jealous now
PS: Blog's making these blog's a fucking joke to publish lately. You
expect it to look one thing, then publish only to find your paragraphs
have gone askew and your cock all limp.
No comments:
Post a Comment