Went out for our staff night out last night. We started at Ceasar's Palace, where I had Potato Wedges, Chips, and Bolognese, with 4 glasses of coke, no ice thanks. And ya know, when I looked down to see my white tie splashes with drops of bolognese sauce, I just KNEW it was going to be a bad night. Tho it did start off good, because the owners of our shop paid for the whole meal. There were 20 people at this meal, and our 2 owners paid for every meal. Mine alone was around £15 with all the drinks I had. So say, 15 x 20, that equals £300. That's pretty sickening considering it was a spur of the moment decision. I could have paid! I was all ready with my cash! But nope, these considerate fuckers paid for EVERYTHING. Some people are just too well off. :P
Anyway, we went from Ceaser's Palace to Woody's in, wait for it, Wood Street. And it was pretty dire. £5.20 for a shot and a bottle of Smirnoff!!! WHAT??? I couldn't believe it. Tho me and my homosexual friend from work were racing with the shots. Tho it didn't make much effect on me before that dance music sent me bonkers and I had to tell everyone, including my cross eyed manager that I was off. They all seemed gutted, but then that is a formality amongst stayers and goers. So anyway, where did I go? I ran off to the Krazy House as fast as my little fucking legs could carry me. And when I got in there I went crazy looking for my chums. And when I found them it felt good. :D I was home!
The KH was a little empty if you take who I know into consid, but it was VERY packed otherwise. I hear the Darkness were supposed to be there. Didn't surprise me that those Popstar Wannabe Rockers didn't show up after the dream I had the other night involving me kicking the shit out of the lead singer. They're shite. FUCK OFF! Ended up in a taxi with just Andy Mc's cousin Kate. Felt weird, she was extremely drunk when I met her in the KH, and very sober in the taxi? Still, we had a fantastic chat coming out of the KH, up until she left me in Broadway. And Kate, everything I told you was the truth, but I think you're a good enough friend to realise I wouldn't lie to you. I wouldn't do that. It ain't my style. :)
Anyway, that was my night. A bizarre night at that too. But only spent about £25, and that's nothing compared to how much I expected to pay. Staff nights out are weird little species, where you find yourself conforming to the groups expectation. That's why I think I find them to be pretty tiresome nights. Tho I did once have a fantastic staff night out, with only THREE other staff in Spencers. But then how could I ever expect one with them guys to fail? They were, and still are gods in my eyes. I bid ye adieu...
Song of the moment: David Bowie - Andy Warhol
Movie of the moment: Ocean's Eleven
No comments:
Post a Comment