23.10.03

My loan came today. :D £1320 pounds are now sitting in my account! Well... £1120 cos I owed my mum £120, and £80 went to Topman... Ok then, £1060 because I saw 3 DVD's and an album I wanted online that were cheaper and not available in the UK yet... but still, what else am I gonna spend my loan on? I no longer have anyone to throw lavish gifts at (Tho I certainly wish I had), which is a shame cos I like to buy people very close to me gifts. Not to win them over, but just because I genuinely like to make people happy. For no reason except that I get sheer enjoyment out of making someone's day. I really do.

The song of the moment, as listed below is that fantastic tune played during the montage sequence in American Pie when Jim's setting up hne dating account, when Oz is watching the cookery show and Kev's surprised, etc... what, ya don't know? Oh I dunno, just go watch the film and wait for such a scene to come on. Anyways, my point is that, listening to this song while watching that film was always a treat, because what a fucking song it is. But listening to it through my headphones on the PC... it makes me feel really sad. I don't know why, because it's a very uplifting song. But there's something about it that makes me feel kinda down. I dunno what... download it, and love it. It loves you. You should love it back.

What did I buy online? Clerks and Dogma, the Region 1 DVD's, because the Region 2 Dogma tries to fob us fans off with a shitty 'interview packed!' DVD. And Clerks just ain't available on DVD here. I also bought Rush: Live In Rio, both on CD and DVD. The DVD is going to be godlike, and I can't wait another month for the Region 2 release. As for the CD... Rush have fucked us about with the European date, by telling us the 20th of October... then the 27th... and now today I find it's gone back to the 3rd of November now. Fucking Canadians. Still, I'm sure they'll make up for this blatant and sheer confusion by releasing a classact of a live concert. 3 hours long? 60'000 Brazilian fans? open air stadium? Both on DVD and CD... one to watch for any of you out there who are REALLY serious about rock music, and don't just listen to it cos you find it 'cool, hip, or happening'. ARGH!!!! So fucking punk. If you want to try something fresh and original, go for Rush. I know i'll never grow tired of them.

that's about it for now mefinks. Life's good. Treat it with respect. It treats you with respect. Anything that I happen to be living has got to be good in my eyes. Just realise that you're only here for about 60 - 70 years. Make the most of it, otherwise you're going to REALLY regret it on my death bed. I for instance am nowhere near to accomplishing what i'd like to to be able to consider my life a worthwhile one. But I know i'm gonna be able to start it soon. very soon. And hopefully it'll make this existence that little bit more worthwhile. Cos face it, as an extremely adorable Loki once said, "Life is just a series of moments. Seize your moment." Or something along those lines. Either way, he said it with enough conviction to convince me to believe it. I haven't experienced a new moment yet, please! I've only just come out of one! Give me a chance! I love ya's all, stay true to one another, and to yourselves. Au revoirski...

Song of the moment: Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta (THis song is fucking godlike...)
Movie of the moment: Only You

No comments: