What the fuck is the problem with this: I spend a lot of time in my room, either on the internet, on the PS2, and even on the odd occasion to read. I don't go downstairs a whole lot, mainly because I don't watch TV, have got 2 dvd players in my room, and besides that there's really nothing I have to do downstairs. My parents lately have been asking (Jokingly or not I don't know) if i'm thinking of moving out, to which I reply i'm not, so why is it if I even go downstairs to say, grab a packet of crisps or a drink, I get flipped on by my mum, and even my brother. My dad hasn't mentioned it at all, besides as a joke very rarely. I don't get it. Lee kicks off at me saying I should come downstairs to help my mum with the baby and in general, i tell him i'm not doing anything important upstairs so if she ever needs me to do anything, to just ask. People reading this now might be thinking, "She shouldn't have to ask." So on the otherhand, she'd rather have a sun who comes running to her every half hour begging for something to do? On the surface it's a dream scenario, but realistically ANY mother or father would get pissed off by that. So what am I supposed to do? If i'm in my room, I can't leave it for fear of being yelled at because i'm hungry. So this leads onto me stating that I DO give housekeep for living here. To which I have the usual reply of, "£60 a month isn't enough." Which i do agree with. But then I get around £160 a month, which leaves me with £100 to pay all my bus-fares which over a month, end up costing me about £20. Then there's dinner for when i'm Uni and work, cos I have to buy it of course, so dinner over a month would come to around £40 maybe? So that would leave me with £40. I go out every Saturday, so that'd mean £10 a saturday, which would be just about enough to get there and back; no drinks, no food if i'm hungry, and I probably couldn't afford to put my coat in the cloak room.
I've left out my student loan. Funny thing is, despite the fact I get £1350 every 3 months 3 times a year, and despite the fact I HAVE offered my mum to take a chunk of it, she doesn't. So... what do I do? I get moaned at for staying in my room, kicked off at for wanting to eat or drink (Even tho I DO pay as much money as is possible for what I earn, and despitethe fact I have had offers of my loan money refused by my mum), i'd only piss my mum off if I DID keep offering to help... It's a funny ol' world. My brother seems to think that holding the baby that little bit longer than me everyday justify's his being able to do what he wants. And funnily enough it does, because my mum never kicks off at him.
I'm happy with my life peeps, I really am despite this very negative sounding blog. I'm just putting it out there that after reading all the above, what the fuck do you propose I do??? Cos I think i'm kind of in limbo with this. If I COULD afford to live on my own, away from the parents I would, but I couldn't do student accomodation. Those prices are sickeningly extortionate. I dunno...
No comments:
Post a Comment