22.9.03

Just read Jenny Anne's blog, and was totally unaware that she had posted a huge update regarding me on it. It's a huge update which addresses our relationship which faded away, a night from ages ago were we spent a lot of time together, and just how she feels that she hasn't done anything for me in the past.

I don't know what happened between us for our friendship to disapparate like it. I just guess it was a failure to communicate between the pair of us. The split with you off to college and me in Uni was a definite factor. I mean, when we were in 6th form, it was easy for us to see eachother cos all our mates were eachother's mates. I'm talking bout the days when it was me, you, G, Louise, Blakely, Katherine, Andy, Pete, Paula, and Joppo when he was around. We were a little crew who didn't exactly label ourselves as an official group of friends, but we were certainly there at the best (and worst) of times. But College came for you and Uni came for me. We were in totally different institutions, and anyone's mind and way of life would change with such differing culture shocks to our lives. The only times I ever saw you really were outside the college or in the KH. Not exactly best friend material i know. January saw me in the University subjecting myself to isolation for 3 weeks. April of this year and I found the girl of my dreams and went out for a total of 2 nights out of the 4 months I was with her. To see you then would have been impossible, but only because I was having the time of my life with Sarah. I think we can all appreciate that these things happen.

That night years back is still in my memories. I fancied the arse off you. How could I not? You looked fantastic, and on chatting to you I realised what an amazing personality you had. However, you were confiding in me and for me to have ever made any kind of move on you would have been shameful. Which is why I never did. I can still remember the advice I gave you, and I still remember feeling the warmth in my heart when I held you in my arms because you'd got so upset. You made me happy, even if we hadn't known eachother that long. To say you think you've never done anything to me is pretty much bullshit, because even on that one night you did a lot for me. You introduced me to a lady who was honest. She wanted something, couldn't quite get it, and she didn't hide it. She poured it out to me in one of the most genuine pleas for help i've ever experienced. After that night, you made me want to help people. Whether it was passing someone a pen, trying to convince someone that something they were aiming for was out of reach, or even doing my best to convince a person that they ARE worth the oxygen they breath, and that they shouldn't do themselves in for something that in the long run won't leave a mark. You made me want to be a better person, because up to that point I was quite selfish, secretly. But you opened my eyes that night and to say you've never done anything for me is the understatement of the millennium. You've done more than 95% of people I know could ever hope to.

You may have gone to Leeds, but to quote another fantastic heroine, "The USA is physically a thousand or so miles away but a phone/text/email/mms whatever makes anyone right next door! :)" Same applies to Leeds (except the thousand part!!! :P ). It only takes a short journey for me to come to Leeds, and trust me, I will! It probably won't be before christmas because I know i'm not going to get the free time, but I will deffo make it an aim of mine during this academic year to visit you and stay over at your boudoir. :)

Regardless of what i said about getting emotionally stronger, i would rather you just changed / stayed naturally to yourself. if you change, so be it, so long as you can appreciate it and realise that it IS you. And not someone else forcing you to. If you stay as you are, even better, can't be more yourself if you don't change can you? Stay as you are. You're a perfect character who couldn't be more nice or beautiful if you tried. Don't let anyone around you bring you down. You're better than that and are one of the strongest people i've ever met. I would never change you and would never want to. You're perfect as you are.

To round this off, I truly love you Jen. For the person you are, for what you believe in, and for what you do. You're the kind of girl that lads wish they could know, even if just for the fact that you're not a bitch like most girls are. Me? i'm honoured to know you. I know girls, I know women, and then i know you. You're in a league of your own, and probably will be for years to come. I don't regret a single word i've said in the past to you, even that night when alcohol was running wild through my veins and I told you something from the bottom of my heart. If you remember it, you'll also remember that you didn't laugh in my face, nor tell me to fuck off. I thank you for that, and can only wonder what might have happened had things branched off from that event differently to how they have.

With that, I give you, Jenny-Anne...

No comments: