29.5.04

First of all, in response to Skippy's comment to my last post, I hear ya girl, I truly do, but i've experienced too many times when i've offered advice which has fell on deaf ears, only to see that person hurt themselves beyond compare. It's quite a common occurence in my life really, and i've said this many a time in the past; i'm no Miriam Stoppard. I'm not an agony Uncle. But I do believe I at least have a sensible head screwed on my shoulders, and it hurts a lot when I try to help someone and they just don't listen, only to fuck themselves up. I know lessons are meant to be learnt, but if you can avoid making a mistake, why not avoid the fucker? I'd rather stay happy and avoid shit creek, than learning a lesson i could have easily avoided if i'd only thought logically, or at least rationally. That's all. :P

Secondly, Big Brother 5. It's started. Now, before you act all surprised that I watch such 'bollocks' TV, i'll go out on a limb and defend the fucker. Big Bro is one of the most genuine forms of entertainment on TV. If you excuse the fact that the editing process which goes into a half hour nightly show, then it's a very honest portrayal of a claustrophic, strange, group environment, in which friction, romance, and psychology play an all too important role in the daily events. Regarding that 'editing' comment, we ALL know that a lot of reality TV shows are edited so as to portray certain characters in those shows in a particular light. That's the only false aspect to the show (and the fact a few of the contestants DO try as hard as possible to avoid negative looking events.), and I can't help but be hooked by the lengths that people will go to, to become the next celebrity / to win the cash prize / or even just to find romance. Love it or hate it, it's here for the next couple of months. And for those that watch it, only to then complain about how shit it is; stop fucking watching!!! If I see The Mirror publishing in their shitty tabloid tomorrow how shitty Big Bro 5 is and will be, while providing extensive coverage of what's happened so far, I promise right here, I WILL send a letter to the letters page, concerning their hypocrisy and two-faced'ness. As for this year's contestants... that tall gay guy to win, that twat Kitten to get stoned by a group of Nazi collaborator's. She buried herself with her entrance to the house by acting like the female Johnny Rotten, and thus made herself look like the biggest twat that Big Bro has ever been witness to. Even moreso than the likes of the amazing Nasty Nick, Narinder cunt-face, or even the fucking annoying Kate Lawler.

Finally, i've just recently started getting heavily into the group Mr. Bungle, who are simply blowing me away with their original sound, and quite simply out-there style. So, here's the lyrics to the unreal 'Carousel'. Bizarrely, they remind me of a mix of Madness / Dream Theater / Tool. Fucking bizarre I know, but then maybe i've suggested such a concoction because I maybe haven't heard enough of them yet? Either way, if you can, download 'Carousel', just so as to hear how music SHOULD be today. It's fantastic:

Carousel by Mr Bungle

A carnival for the human race
Cotton candy, happy face
A child talking with his mouth full
Girlfriend gets stuffed animal

A festive mood is all around
Another world is what we've found
Step right up, let's make a deal
Ride the Ferris wheel

You know there's something lurking underneath the shape
With a mask over his head and make up on his face
Will Warner Brothers put our record on the shelf?
Take a look in the mirror and see the clown in yourself

If you want to know what's behind the show
You ride my carousel and enter life's jail cell
Love and blood begin to meld, you've lost the self that you once held
Merry go round your head - awake, asleep, alive or dead.

The clown that painted a smile on you
Is now the one unmasking you
Animated scenes unwind
Dormant figures come to life

Entangled in your own web
A twisted tunnel overhead
A glimpse of light, a drop of dew
You slide into the swimming pool

A roller coaster ride into the rivers of your mind
The currents merge, your feelings surge, your life's a pantomime
Beauty is the spiral going round & round the beast
Without the vampire effect, the carnival is deceased

Fun.
(Round and round she goes)
Roly poly.
Topsy turvy.
Hang upside down.
Fall to the ground.
I think I'm going to be sick.

No comments: