15.5.04

I was just reading over Pete's blog, and besides the creative way in which he told his wonderous story of fantasy, adventure, and kicking the shit out of some scallies, something dawned on me...

Why the fuck do i always see people spell the term 'scally', as 'sKally'??? It's a 'c', and not a 'k'. Pete's definitely not the only one to do it either, i've seen it on loads of blogs, sites, etc, but it's always confused me. Why the mistake? Is it like, cooler to swap c's and k's around, hence the group 'Korn', and many other examples which currently fail my memory.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!"

Back to the scally spelling, does anyone out there even realise the term is derived from the pirate sounding (probably is something to do with pirates actually) 'rapscallion'? See how there's no 'k' in there? But NO, scousers who don't do their research just have to make 'scally' sound icky by spelling it 'skally'. The way it's spelt alone looks shitty. And I know scally's ARE shitty gobshites, but still, it's kinda hypocritical to call them dumb bastards if you can't even spell their grouped name properly. Ya know?

Yes, I am a pedantic fucker, but it's just something i've noticed in the past. What can I say? on a side-note, i see on the blog homepage that someone's blog has been bought by some movie company, and the content will be turned into a movie. Next in line is this blog hopefully, with Jake Gyllanhaal playing me in the hollywood production hopefully.

No comments: