30.7.05

How do other people cope with down periods? I'm not at the top of my game right now, and I just put Harvey Danger's 'Where Have All the Merry Makers Gone?' album on, and that always cheers me up I guess. Otherwise, i'd normally be just sat about moping and wish I could do something to brighten up my spirits. It's not as nice either where you've had nothing but happiness for SOOOOOO very fucking long, and then a low point kinda hits you from nowhere. Still, least I know it won't last too long and i'll be back to my... miserable self again very soon. :P

I leave my current job a week on Tuesday. I'm really looking forward to getting it over with. I can't say i'm gonna miss the place... i'll miss the job itself, as it was piss easy, but the management, pay, and hours can all go fuck themselves. So can most of the customers for that instance:

1.

"Have you got 10 Embassy Regal?"
"We only do Embassy OR Regal."
"Yeah, Embassy Regal."
*Holds shotgun toward head*

2.

"Ya got 4 cans of lager please?"
"Yeah, which lager?"
"The ones on the shelf."
*Hunting high and low for some razor blades*

3.

"You got any bottles of wine which will just the one glass?"
"Er... I don't believe we sell them, nor haveI ever heard of em'."
"You do sell them, they were in last week."
"I've worked here for nearly 2 years mate, we definitely never sold them."
"Oh right... must have been a week you weren't in."
*Looks for a nice looking wood-chipper to throw self in*

Funny thing is, I look at these dick-heads in simple bewilderment and always wonder if i've ever been that annoying a dickhead to a shop assistant. SURELY NOT. But then it would be a bit ignorant to think I was some grade A class shopper who's NEVER pissed off a sales assistant... but maybe I am. ;)

No comments: