Ok, so I said I wasn't going to blog again until after Rush but these past few days have just been too crazy, hectic, eventful to ignore them until then.
So, Rush... BEST. CONCERT. EVER. I can't even begin to put into words just how awesome, gobsmacking, godlike these guys were. from Jerry Stiller introducing the band via a video, to Alex Lifeson's now eagerly awaited 'La Villa Strangiato' rant, to Alex and Geddy Lee taking shirts from their tumble dryers and throwing them out to the crowd, it was just a fantastic night. Easily the best concert performance i've ever been personally witness to. I've got Birmingham tomorrow night, which is September 11th, AND Neil Peart's Birthday. So it's GOT to be a big night for the group and its fans. I'm so looking forward to it. :D
So, I went out last night, just your usual KH affair, but it was Phil's birthday, so there was that added feel to the proceedings. Anyway, we started off in the Jacaranda, and who should be there but Sarah's boyfriend, the guy who she cheated on me with. Naturally, I immediately got all pissed and wanted to go over there and kick the shit out of the lanky Rodney Trotter (Copyright of Lee Houghton) wannabe. As did our Lee when he found out who it was, but then we both admitted that it'd be pointless. Sure it'd be great to see that bastard sprawled out on the ground, but we'd only get arrested, charged with assault, and get a criminal record. I don't want that shit. Best part was, he didn't even realise who I was, so he actually bumped into me twice. Needless to say, my new Rush Jersey better not have a stain on it. It's in the wash anyway. the cheeky fuck and his bandmates even went so far as to eye up my mate's sisters!!! My mate was visibly unpleased, even moreso when he realised who one of them were. So, I really didn't want to be in that place anymore, not knowing that the guy who contributed to the pain and suffering I received was there too, so my mates being the great crew they are understood, and we all went to the KH were a great night was had by all, Phil disappeared for most of it, me and Kate boogied throughout the night, and Helen took a paddy and launched a huge tirade upon me in regard to my views of students. Still, was a perfect end to the night, I mean really, what night out isn't complete without some pointless argument? :D Helen knows I have no personal qualms with her. ;)
It gets better on the Sarah situation tho, as she even forced herself to message me today for the first time in 3 months. 3 months after I told her I wanted nothing to do with her. 3 months after she hurled a very hurtful avalanche of personal insults my way. Knowing very well I wouldn't be best pleased to see her. I still allowed her to speak to me though, but I haven't got a fucking clue why I bothered. Speaking with her, I realised she hasn't learnt from any of her past mistakes, and guess what? her life's been on a constant downward spiral ever since we stopped speaking, and the icing on the cake is that she's STILL with that lout she cheated on me with. Some people just never learn. Still, i'm just glad I never let her re-appearance bother me, and i'm the still the happiest guy! :D Don't you lot worry, I DO actually listen to my friends. You know what i'm talking about. ;)
Anyways, must dash, i've got fuck all to do, and I need to go and do it. So enjoy yaselves, like I will all fucking weekend! :D Adieu...
No comments:
Post a Comment