26.9.04

Been a while hasn't it?

What an alternative night at the KH last night... first of all, I was over the moon to be able to put a silly silence between me and a good friend of mine, Leann (you'd have heard about her earlier this year on my blog), to rest. I'm not going into detail over what happened, but we sorted it out last night, and it was nice to end the night being proper friends with her again. Back when we were ok, she was great, I loved the girl to pieces, and enjoyed being round her. Anyways, something happened, and as I said, we kinda drifted apart and stopped speaking. Well we're fine now, and it was just great to put that all behind us and catch up again really. So, thank you. :)

It was also interesting to meet her cousin... Kevin Maguire. Some of you may know this chap from West Derby School, but I had only really known him through a past acquaintance of mine, who nearly got with him at one point. Anyways, needlessly to say, it's amazing how much you find out about people from your past who you thought you already knew inside out! Oh, and he got pissed when Blakely called him Pete, after Pete Abe. Personally, Abe's not that bad... not THAT... bad. ;)

University's back. But it's my final year, so i'm not going to launch into some tiresome tirade about how much students piss me off, but I will say this one thing: a good friend of mine moved out of his home, to student accomodation in Liverpool. His argument? Same argument as the fucking rest of em'; to gain independence. Now correct me if i'm wrong, but how the fuck do you gain independence from living in student accom., when you're having to take a loan out to pay for it? i've told myself I will not move out until I can afford it. It's pointless to go into further debt just for the sake of being able to cook your own meals, iron your own clothes, and decide when you want to watch TV!!! PS: I can do all 3 of the abive living at home with my parents. I don't need to live on my own to gain fucking independence.

On a sidenote: for those of you who may have become converted by my Calvin and Hobbes post from earlier this week... I give you the very last ever C&H strip published. It's kinda sad, especially knowing Calvin's adventures were to be no more. :(

http://www.inforezo.org/~pinon/last.gif

"It's a magical world. Hobbes ol' buddy... let's go exploring!"

(Cries buckets)

No comments: