So, i'm watching this new gameshow, 'Pokerface' hosted by the 'amazingly talented' Ant & Dec. Now, like 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' and 'Deal or no Deal', I enjoy the concept of it. It's original, it offers good cash prizes, dare I say they're even tense at times? But where the FUCK do these contestants come from???
I cannot help watching this 'Pokerface' and feel like it's one big act. Ant & Dec look bored, the contestants are so ridiculously pompous and unfunny, in fact the only sensible people in there are the audience who genuinely sound like they're enjoying themselves.
Are we dealing with actors here? We're supposed to believe that these people are NEVER on television and yet they sit there as if there isn't a camera upon them. They say smug comments, act like they're half-presenting the show with them Geordie gobshites, and basically make the viewer hope and pray that they don't win ANYTHING at all.
I wonder if the producers are as gormless as the Big Brother producers... they seem to get annoying pricks on their series all the time now, I direct you to Nikki / Jayne of BB7, Maxwell / Saskia of BB6, and Michelle / Marco of BB5. I hope to god this isn't a realistic representation of modern day society, because if it is, i'm in the wrong country!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment