So I went through my first real sober night in the KH tonight, and I gotta tell you, it was a hell of a lot easier than I expected, though it brought to light a shitload of negatives about other people that you wouldn't otherwise see if you were drunk. I'm sure you all know the kinds of things I'm referring to. Maybe only little things, but they're still noticeable enough for you to really pick up on em'. Makes me not want to go out as much anymore and i'm sure that with my newfound tee-totalness i'll probably end up going that way, but it's still kinda distressing. I find i'm learning a lot of bad things about peeps around me, and it's not nice to know them, but i'd rather I did than live oblivious to the facts. You need to see these other sides, otherwise they'll end up turning around to attack you themselves.
Let's ditch this for now, i'm pissing myself off talking about it actually, so there. But yeah, it was actually a good night overall. I didn't like the idea of seeing everyone else around me bladdered at the end of the night while I was stood there sober, but it was nowhere as bad as I expected. And no, I was never tempted once. If I can get the food side of this diet sorted, as well as start the regular exercise... this could work. You never know. I've never been one for diets, always came across as maybe being a waste of good times, but i'm sure up for one now. So let's see if I stick with it and make myself a healthier, leaner, and who knows sexier ( :P ) person? T'would be a nice thing to end up with I guess, and would also be a huge fuck you to the people who doubted me. The looks of surprise tonight when they finally saw I was genuine about this was priceless. Kodak moment so to speak.
Bit of a shout-out to Skippy who I saw for the first time in fucking YONKS tonight. She's always a pleasure to be around, is a fantastically helpful mind to know and ALWAYS comes packaged with a beautiful smile. Great to see ya again chick, and you looked just darling! :P
Not much else to say really. Except i'm fucking starving. Ouch. :( ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment