Anywho, long time no speak. I seem to post less and less but I still sometimes find the time to get round to doing it sooner or later. I find myself still with The Listening Company. So many times i've told myself i'll get out, and just haven't done it yet.
Outside of TLC, life's good. Me and naomi are just fine and dandy, trying to save up for a trip to LA ('trying' being the word!!!), and my internet life seems to get busier all the time. I'm now a staff writer over on www.gamecola.net, which isn't the greatest gaming site in the world, but it's just a bit of fun in my spare time really. More bigger than that is the fact I am now a moderator on one of the worlds biggest gaming websites, www.gamefaqs.com. If you have a partner whose ever been stuck on a game, they've probably visited this site at some point. I've been going to gamefaqs longer than I know most of my friends. Which is kinder sad if YOU think about it. But when I think about it, it makes me happy. No-one out there ever really understands just how much gaming can mean to someone and, even at the age of 24, i'm still as into games now as I was half my age. If not more.
Gamefaqs has always been a haven for me. Sure you'll get your dickheads on there who want to be racist or highly offensive (and now i'm a mod, boy do I see some fucked up shit on there!!!) but deep down there's a bloody good community there that just wants to talk games and why they love em' so much. My personal faves include the Classic Gaming board, HES Games for all my fellow Rush fans, and probably the Call of Duty 4 board, but only because that game is so fucking awesome that anything to do with it is likewise.
Some people will tell me I need to get a life. That sitting there all day just posting messages and browsing through various video games is wasting my life away, but they need to understand that to me, that's my way of living my life. I love getting lost in a game, a game so good it just sucks me and refuses to let go. Call of Duty 4 gives me a sense of accomplishment if I succeed well in an online battle. The Resident Evil and Silent Hill series always give me the creeps when nothing else can, and any Lucasarts game such as Monkey Island 1 & 2, Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis, and Grim Fandango are just simply so good, i'll be playing them when i'm old and grey.
Wow, how did a blog which started off talking about work end up being about video games. O_o God i'm such a friggin' geek. And I love it. :D
And just to show it's not all gaming, here's a pic of the sexiest security guard this side of New Jersey:
No comments:
Post a Comment