31.1.07

I finally got a Wii. And it's ace. Fucking ace.

Work's better cos' I got moved onto a better campaign, providing credit cards. I've met a whole bunch of new people, managed to get one guy into Harvey Danger (one of the greatest bands ever), found my niche in selling, and am working FAR better hours. So life is good. :D

I'm moving out of my current place into a better one next week. it's closer to work, cheaper by £30 a week, and i'm living with a guy who also works with me, but he's only there on a part-time basis. Either way though, it's gonna be a blast I reckon.

Life down south is simply great. There's the few odd niggles from living here as opposed to Liverpool, but nothing so off-putting that it causes a constant thorn in my side, no sir. It'd be nice to see some peeps from Liverpool come down now and then, but I understand that money and transport down south can be a fucking hassle, no-one needs to tell me that that's for sure! : P

Me and Naomi took a trip to London on Sat, just a daytrip really, something different from our usual weekends in Pompey. I tell you something... I could never live in London. Or at least shop there. That is one fucking crazy as shit city. CRAZY SHIT. Everyone seems to be going somewhere far too fast, and worrying about shit that is simply not worth the shit to worry about. But i've noticed that with a lot of southerners. They're just not as laidback as northerners, always worrying about one thing or the other. But it's just down to a change in culture. I mean up north, who the fuck recycles?? Down here, who DOESN'T? So there's times when the worry is good, cos' i've gotten to like recycling! :)

On that note i'll leave you on the lyrics of a song by Radiohead, which details over-worry in everyday life perfectly, ladies and gentlemen... The Tourist

It barks at no one else but me
Like it's seen a ghost
I guess it seen the sparks a-flowing
No one else would know

Hey man slow down, slow down
Idiot, slow down, slow down

Sometimes I get overcharged
That's when you see sparks
You ask me where the hell I'm going
At a thousand feet per second

Hey man slow down, slow down
Idiot slow down, slow down

Hey man slow down, slow down
Idiot slow down, slow down

No comments: