12.8.06

I started a new job with Sony Computer Entertainment Europe. Once known as Psygnosis to most of you, now known as Studio / Sony Liverpool to the rest, i'm a video games tester for them. It's a full-time job, i'm on a 3 month trial contract but I am very confident i'll succeed in securing a permanent one after the 3 months are up, right in time for my 23rd birthday.

It's helping me through the bad times that have been there for the past month, though I can't say playing FIFA 2007 for 30 hours in a week is my idea of relief! But it's definitely a step in the right direction, and I feel it's the best thing that's ever happened to me career-wise. The only way is up as far as i'm concerned. The job itself is pretty involving, the people I work with are great, and the perks are just fantastic in there. I won't go into them because I would be here all day! Needless to say, i'm sorted for games in the future.

I considered talking about developments with me and Naomi but then thought fuck it. Anyone who needs to know how things are with me and her, will find out from me because they deserve to know. Most people are just after gossip, and i've been surprised by the reactions of a lot of folk out there who quite simply fucked up royally with me. I'm not talking one, or two people, but countless. I've lost a shitload of friends because of this situation, but it's at least helped me realise who my real friends are; the ones who will actually sit there and listen to me. And sadly, the number of 'friends' in my life has truly shot down because of it. But at least my eyes have been opened. As said in John 9:1-11, "Where once I was blind, now I can see."

Thanks for the comment Kristine. I've added your new e-mail to MSN, and I dunno about getting to London anytime soon but thanks for the offer, i'll keep it in mind! :) Hope things are just fucking great with you and Alex.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey hunny good to get a mention. great about your new job and all the free games ull get. had another job interview today for a new job at a editing company. fingers crossed for me. yer things r goin great was my b.day yesterday and had a wiked time .xxkristine