The employment world is a fucked up one. Jacob's have fucked me around for nearly a month now, and i'm still having to wait a further two weeks before starting work there, which will mean from initial response from them, it'll have taken 5 weeks to start work. Which is pretty fucking embarrasing.
Now i've got a degree, the world should be my oyster... right? Wrong. Ever since i've got my degree, haven't figured out where to go with it, and the University has never tried to point any of us in the right direction. And I say 'us', cos' my mates Jenny and Nick also got their degrees; Nick's been unemployed for months and still is, Jenny's working behind a bar of a social club, which she doesn't like if memory serves me correctly. And I am chasing up a job which should have been chasing me up now, the way they've handled the situation. Was going to uni a waste of time? I'm £12'000 in debt because of it, as well as jobless and trying to get jobs which my degree has no bearing upon. Times like this you can't help but feel failed by something or someone.
Just have to keep my chin up and keep on plodding. I've been worse than this before, and something will come along sooner or later, but it's a sad state of affairs when something you work for ends up leading to absolutely nothing but a hefty debt and a pat on the back.
No comments:
Post a Comment