10.11.04

So, i'm sat on the bus today, next to a fucking student who was chatting with two of his student mates. Fortunately for me, I had my mix of Mr. Bungle / Faith No More on my cd player and was giving 'Be Aggressive' a fucking good listen to. Next thing I know, this curly haired bastard next to me taps me on the arm, so I take off my headphone.

Me: Yeah?

Him: Are you listening to Faith No More?

Me (Kinda surprised): Yeah I am, you know them?

Him: Yeah, it was 'Be Aggressive' with the kids singing wasn't it?

Me: Yeah! Shit, I didn't realise I had it on that loud.

Him: Oh, don't worry about it, it's great for me sitting here to be able to hear good music on a bus ride (smiles).

By this time I was pleasantly surprised, and appreciative of this chap's fellow liking for Faith No More. Next thing he said blew me away.

Him: You ever heard any of Patton's other group 'Mr. Bungle'?

By this time, I had a cheesy grin on my face.

Me: Are you kidding? I've got them and Faith No More on this cd as a compilation of songs.

Him: I LOVE the album with the clown on the front.

Me: That's their self-titled one.

Him: That's it, and their other album, what's it called?

Me: Disco Volante. But they have a 3rd album too called California.

Him: Really? Wow, never heard about that one.

It was his stop now, so he was off on his travels again.

Him: Nice to meet ya, and great to find a fellow fan of Patton!

Me: Same here.

As he got off the bus, he even let on when he started walking away. And this was a student! All I can say is watch yaself curly top, because you're giving those fuckers a good name with your sexual taste in the arts. I also told him about seeing Mike Patton at Leeds this year, but when I mentioned Rahzel, he looked at me blankly. For once. Ouch. Still, what a lovely bus-ride, tho it's not the first time that my music in my ears has been reacted to... gotta love some of our bus folk.

Back to the ol' conventional blog, and boy do I feel lonely. Wait a sec... didn't I just mention this in a previous blog? Oh fuck it then. I blame watching 'American Splendour' on my own last night. God is that film depressing, but oh so very true. Harvey Pekar is a class-act chap, even if only for his genuine feeling self.

I've got two dvd's here, sealed, never been used therefore, which i've had for over a YEAR. There's Clerks:

Special Features:
  • Audio commentary by Director Kevin Smith and members of the cast and crew
  • Deleted scenes with introduction by Kevin Smith
  • Alternative ending
  • Soul Asylum music video
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Interactive menu
  • Scene access
And there's Dogma:

Special Features
  • Commentary by Director Kevin Smith, Ben Affleck and Jason Lee
  • Commentary by Producer Scott Mosier and Vincent Pereira
  • Commentary by Director Kevin Smith, Producer Scott Mosier and View Askew Historian Vincent Pereira
  • Complete Set of Storyboards from Three Major Scenes
  • 100 Minutes of Deleted Scenes with View Askew Crew Intros
  • Cast and Crew Outtakes
  • Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash Spot
  • Saints and Sinners Talent Files
  • Bonus! Follow the Buddy Christ for More Hijinks with Kevin Smith, Ben Affleck, Jason Lee, Jason Mewes and More!
  • Talent Files (Kevin Smith, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Linda Fiorentino, Chris Rock, Alan Rickman, Jason Lee, Salma Hayek and Jason Mewes)
However... they're both region 1 releases, American. Therefore, without a multi-region dvd player, you won't be seeing fuck all but a failure to load up symbol. Still, Dogma's packed to fuck with features (which is in stark contrast to the sickeningly empty british region 2 copy) and comes in a fantastic box with sexy artwork, and as for Clerks, you simply can't get that on R2 dvd at all yet anyway. So, if anyone's interested, post in the comment's box at the bottom of this update. If there's a few of ya's, first come first served. Oh, and they'll be £10 each, if ya want both, fine, £20. I just wanna get rid of them, fed up having two copies of the same films now. :P

No comments: