12.4.02

Been a while since I updated and some sausage on toast has just tempted me to put my fingers back to the keys so here goes...

How do you decide what you're going to use in an update? A lot of people would take a look at the news surrounding them... in that case I should take a look at the national crisis which is David Beckham's foot. What in blue blazes is going on with this country? How the hell can a man's foot, regardless of how famous or not he is, become front page news? HE'S A SPORTS STAR for christ's sake!!! A man breaks his foot, and the country comes to a standstill. It seems to me the media is making this out to be bigger than the Queen which I find extraordinary. I mean personally, the Queen Mum's death was nothing to me, I couldn't have given a shit. But it's definitely bigger than some news about a man injuring himself.

What's even worse is when Tony Blair decided to bring it up in the house of commons... i'll repeat myself in another way; OUR GOVERNMENT IS CONCERNED ABOUT THIS FOOT. Seriously. If any yankees read this page, feel free to e-mail me about how shitty a country I live in. When a government puts everything aside for a footballer's foot, that's when you know some serious roconsiderations need to be... considered when the next election comes around. The tories themselves have gotta be pissing themselves.

Seriously though, how low a country have we become? It's no wonder everyone laughs at us when we don't join the Euro, we're horrified by a footballers broken foot, and for some reason some disabled girl called Kirsty is in the paper every week too because she's met another celebrity and is determined to rub it in the faces of every other disabled person out there.

If ya ask me, this country needs to be moved across to the US of A and stitched alongside New York state. Then we'll realise what news is important, especially after the terrible 8 months that that state has had to endure. Footballers broken foot? You telling me that's on the same front page where the September 11th tragedy was 8 months ago? ABSOLUTE BOLLOX.

No comments: