19.2.06

It's VERY rare that a video game grabs me from the get-go and doesn't let go. Super Mario World did it all those years ago; Final Fantasy VII DEFINITELY did it. Resident Evil 4 too. The latest guilty party to take me and sweep me off my feet is Shadow of the Colossus.

I only bought it on Friday night, and already i've completed it, only two days later. Now normally, after such a simple feat (albeit with a few needed tips) i'd be sickened by such a short length of a game. But this game has hit me in a way i've never been before, gaming wise. Some pics can be found on the site above, some in the following link:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/adventure/wandaandthecolossus/screenindex.html

I've never considered too much of video-gaming to be 'art' but SotC is art. In every sense of the word. Never have I felt so immersed into a gaming experience as I have these past two days with SotC. It's god-like. It's beautiful. It's just what gaming should be. And it's VERY rare to find something that looks so good, to play so well too.

I'll stop now, but if you have a PS2 and fancy a totally new gaming experience, PLEASE buy this game now. You can get a limited ed. version now while it's just came out, so get it while you can, cos' once these puppies are gone, they'll be going for £50+ on ebay in months to come.

No comments: