How does one know when they've met the right person? Do they get that familiar feeling of being wanted, as if their sole purpose on this world is to be there for that ONE person? Is it when they see this person and to then see that person walk away is heart-wrenching? I too am unsure and am judging my views from my 7 month stint with my X-Girlfriend, and from my friends who too have had relationships.
For me, meeting my X was no lucky thing. We'd been working together in a shitty shop for about 2 months before we copped for eachother one eventful night. I had never liked her before and actually fancied another girl in our work. And yet I copped off for this other girl, and the next day we told eachother it was just fun and that we'd think no-more of it and yet I did. The next few weeks I wracked my brains trying to figure my position with this lady out. I also developed very strong feelings for her and not being with her most of the time made me very depressed. She on the other hand had stuck to her word and as far as I could see wasn't even flinching an eye-lid. It took one night when she copped off for a security guard to cement our status together because when I made her realise how big a twat this guy was, it was then that she took me in her arms and our 7 month stint started.
What scares me about all this is that i fell in love with her after kissing her, without having any feelings for her prior to this moment. I now see that as a very bad mistake. There's no way i should have developed such feelings for her just because of a kiss. Hell, i've kissed many girls since that and never have I had the same feelings. And yet I believed for seven months that she was THE girl. Unbelievably, it took a kiss off another girl, a friend of ingrategirl's, to make me realise just what a mistake it had been all that time ago. The next day i called my X to tell her i'd make a huge mistake and kissed someone behind her back. What did she do? Laugh. Laughed with me. It didn't make sense, and it still doesn't now, but it was at that moment I realised we may as well quit it. And we did, 2 weeks later.
The point of my recollection is an example of how the 'right' person, can end up being either the totally wrong person, or just a disillusioned moment from the past. I encountered that same feeling not long ago, and am slowly battling it away. i find it rather weak of me to have such a problem, but i do, and if anyone else out there does, give me a shout. : D
No comments:
Post a Comment