24.9.07

Hey Skippy! Look at me reviewing your comment a whole month after it was written by yourself! Gah i'm a fucking wenzleding at times. Great to hear from you though chick, and I am going to be up in the 'Pool mid October so we may cross paths... if i'm lucky. :D

What's happened to people? 5, 6 years ago I could go on MSN and have the choice to speak to 10, - 15 people at a time. It was the days of virtual communication, and boy was it bliss. Nowadays, fucking hell... it's like no-one gives a shit anymore. At the most, I'll be lucky to see 5 on my MSN list anymore, and that's considered busy. I still have a list of 25 people on MSN but at least 15 of them NEVER seem to be online... either they just can't be bothered or they have blocked me. :D Could be 50-50 where i'm concerned. But it's just sad to know that people just don't bother like that...

On the flipside, maybe it's a good sign? Maybe it means more people are actually conversing offline face to face more now. Mobile phone calls would be a good start. Text messages are as bad for communication as online chatting is. People need to be speaking to eachother more. And properly. What does 'lol', 'rofl', and 'wtf' really do for society but dumb it down? LOL is one of the most evil mis-leading phrases out there *Shudders at the thought*. Text messages also encourage people to mis-spell their words for the sake of an extra text message or two.

Let's really keep on talking to eachother, it's why we're given the gift of speech. Talk to your numbers, to your friends and to your loved ones. Text messages can be direct, but that's part of the problem. They lose emotion, they lose proper meaning, they lose the closeness you can feel to anyone even if only for 30 seconds while you ask them how they are at that time.

Still... I do still miss all the people I used to chat to on MSN. :P

1 comment:

Skippy said...

aaah i think age has a lot to do with lack of onlineness.

As you get older you have more to do, people to see, be with and generally things to sort out. Days on end spend hovering over a monitor in work mean priority on getting home is not spending a further 5 hours staring at one in the name of leisure.

At least that's what I'm finding in my auntum (hahahaha) years!