I realised last night that I must be the only person in the world who doesn't know all the words to any of the three songs:
1. Smells like Teen Spirit - Nirvana
2. YMCA - The Village People
3. That song from the credits in 'There's Something About Mary'. It's got the line, 'Why do you build me up, buttercup?"
And I was shocked. SLTS is like one of the most famous songs ever. Not as famous as say, 'Bohemian Rhapsody', but it's very famous. And yet I don't know the lyrics. And to add insult to injury, my brother stands opposite me and sings every line in the song without interruption. Where did I go wrong?
YMCA. The homosexually linked Village People song, made even more famous than it already was when it appeared on Wayne's World 2'. The lyrics I know? 'Y, M, C, A!'. Oh and the arm movements which everyone calls a dance. And yet again, everyone around me sings the song out with ease.
And that buttercup song's just annoying.
No comments:
Post a Comment